Secretary - Stan Harrison
Mob: 07767 272403
79 Blackburne Close
Copyright: South Manchester Angling Club 2013.
Double click to insert body text here...
Double click to insert body text here ...
The meeting was opened at 8.35pm by the Chairman Bruce Wemyss.
Apolgies for Absence: Stan Harrison, Jim Swain, Paul Hindley & Albert Parker.
The Chairman continued with the Agenda by first asking members to observe one minutes silence in respect of past members.
The adoption of standing orders: Proposed by Charles Field seconded by Barry Dickinson.
The minutes of the 2017 AGM were read by the Chairman. No matters arose, and the minutes were approved by Charles Field and seconded by Barry Dickinson.
Mike Harrison read out the Secretaries Report in the absence of Stan Harrison.
Mike Harrison gave a breakdown of the year’s outgoings and income with a printed report available for members perusal. No matters were arising from the report which was duly approved by Neil Bowden and seconded by Roy Mills.
• Members discussed the continuation of groundwork to finish the path at Green Lane.
• Make and erect a handrail on the steep access to the lower pegs on the field bank.
• Erect a gate at the beginning of the path next to the notice board
• Clear brambles and lay weed supressing material around laurels planted to form a windbreak on the field bank.
• Roy Mills discussed starting remedial work at Heron before official 2018 work party dates are released
• Removal of snags so that the EA can net the water to access fish stocks. Once this is done we can decide whether to add or remove any fish.
• Within the Treasurers report Mike Harrison stated that £375 would be debited from the bank imminently for the rent at Heron Pool
•To improve access and clear pegs at Fryers “A”
Work Party Dates:
Bruce proposed some work party dates for 2018.
Dates as follows:
April: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
May:6, 13, 20, 27
None have been agreed, confirmation when they have will be advertised.
1st April is Easter Sunday and 6, 27 May are bank holiday weekends.
Suspension of Standing Orders:
Proposed by Barry Dickinson and seconded by Charles Field
Re-election of Officers and Committee
Apart from Stan Harrison and Paul Hindley who were absent on the night, all other committee members agreed to continue in their positions during the forthcoming year. Motion carried.
None were passed on the night
A request from the Secretary asking members to provide more information that can be published. He also requested for members to make use of the forum.
£30 was taken on the night
Any Other Business:
Roy Mills made a request for additional Bailiffs to assist him in his duties. He also mentioned a possible reduction in membership for people who assist on his maintenance team. Mike Walker and Darren Bowitt agreed to help Roy out with the Bailiff duties. Bruce talked of how successful the fishing trip was earlier in the year despite the lack of fish. Members present said how much they enjoyed the trip and would be keen to revisit.
Membership Renewal Payments:
A number of members renewed their membership whilst also making donations to the stocking fund.
Meeting closed:9.30 pm